- CNN communications chief Kris Coratti, Head of strategic communications Matt Dornic, and Licht’s chief of staff Devan Cayea will also exit CNN The post JUST IN: CNN Executives Close to Chris Licht Also Let Go Following CEO’s Ouster first appeared on Mediaite.
- The schadenfreude from CNN staffers in response to the news that Chris Licht is out as CEO is clear as day. But they may come to regret his ouster. The post CNN Honcho Chris Licht Is Out. Will His Corporate Overlords Now Clean House? first appeared on Mediaite.
- Sports Fans Livid at Potential Pairing of Skip Bayless and LeSean McCoy on FS1’s ‘Undisputed’: Would Be ‘The Most Embarrassing Show on Television’The prospect of Fox Sports 1’s LeSean McCoy filling the vacant seat at Undisputed is already proving to be very unpopular. Front Office Sports on Sunday reported that SPEAK analysts has emerged as a candidate to replace Shannon Sharpe, who reached a buyout with FS1 and will leave after the 2023 NBA Finals. He’s expected […]
- Whoopi Goldberg took issue with the RNC's requirement that GOP primary candidates sign a "loyalty pledge" and back whomever ends up as the presidential nominee. The post Whoopi Goldberg Slams RNC’s ‘Loyalty Pledge’: Sounds Like the ‘House on Un-American Activities’ first appeared on Mediaite.
- Cameras recorded a jaw-dropping brawl that broke out between groups of protesters and counter-protesters over a school LGBTQ+ Pride curriculum. The post Jaw-Dropping Brawl Breaks Out Over Opposition to School LGBTQ+ Pride Curriculum first appeared on Mediaite.
Seascooter W1 – Zyite.com
AOVO mankeel W1 seascooter electric diving scooter | New dual engines swimming diving electric propeller board Compact Undewater Double-propeller Scooter WhiteShark Mix, Fly thru the water: Level up your underwater experience. Expand your horizon while you swimming, snorkeling and diving Powerful and Easy to Control: S
— Read on zyite.com/products/seascooter-w1
- The blockchain-based platform is aimed at settling interbank dollar transactions. The move is part of the Indian government’s strategy to elevate GIFT City to the League of Cities like Singapore. The parties will launch a pilot project over the next few months in order to analyze the banks’ experience. American multinational financial behemoth JPMorgan Chase […]
- The deal will see Sui roll out a series of digital experiences for racing fans. At press time, the SUI token was trading at $0.9587, down 1.07%. Oracle Red Bull Racing has made several crypto partnerships recently including with Bybit. Sui Blockchain, whose mainnet was launched at the beginning of May 2023 has today sealed […]
- Deutsche Telekom has joined Polygon as a network validator. The telecommunications giant’s subsidiary Deutsche Telekom MMS will offer staking services to Polygon POS and Supernets. Deutsche Telekom MMS provides validation and staking services on Ethereum, Flow and Chainlink among other chains. Deutsche Telekom, the Germany telecommunications giant that has recently been actively expanding its footprint […]
- Transak announced it raised $20 million in a series A round led by CE Innovation Capital. The startup also attracted investments from SBI Ven Capital, Sygnum, and Woodstock Fund among other investors. An FCA-registered startup, Transak plans to use the funds to further development of onboarding solutions for Web3 and crypto. While venture capital funding […]
- Tether will invest in the project through a partnership with a local licensed company. Uruguay generates 94% of electricity from renewable energy sources Tether recently said it would invest profits into buying Bitcoin. Tether, the issuer of leading stablecoin USDT, has revealed an investment into renewable energy production to support sustainable Bitcoin (BTC) mining in […]
- News reports have confirmed that attorneys for incarcerated Canadian rapper Tory Lanez have filed a motion to disqualify the judge that is set to preside over his sentencing hearing. Jose Baez and Matthew Barhoma, attorneys for Lanez, filed a motion to disqualify L.A. County Superior Court Judge David Herriford, citing that the judge showed favoritism […]
- The legendary New York songstress Alicia Keys was live on “Good Morning America” today to discuss her upcoming tour “Keys to the Summer Tour,” Broadway musical “Kell’s Kitchen, and more. She wowed the audience with a special performance of “Like You’ll Never See Me Again” in “GMA”’s Times Square studio. The “Keys to the Summer Tour” […]
- The highly anticipated annual Celebration at Paisley Park, dedicated to honoring the legendary musician and cultural icon Prince, is set to kick off this weekend. The star-studded four-day event, scheduled from June 8 to June 11, promises an unforgettable experience for fans and music enthusiasts alike. One of the main highlights of the Celebration will […]
- “Strictly Business” is the debut single by the legendary duo EPMD. The song served as the lead single for their debut album of the same name. The record went on to be the pair’s first charting single and saw minor success on the R&B charts. Although it was received with mixed reviews when it was […]
- Diablo IV is barely out of the gate and has already broken several Blizzard records. A press release states that in just under 24 hours, the game has become the developer's fastest-selling title of all time. It also claimed the game broke all pre-order records for both console and PC….Read Entire Article
- EA details F1 23 PC-exclusive features including ray tracing, eye tracking, and more, preload available nowStarting Tuesday, customers pre-ordering EA Sports F1 23 can pre-load the PC version. The company also offered players a look at the PC settings screen and other PC-specific features.Read Entire Article
- Sources have told Taiwan outlet Economic Daily that TSMC has started pre-production work on 2nm semiconductors, a crucial step toward trial production. The company's current timeline could keep it ahead of competitors like Intel and Samsung.Read Entire Article
- The potential for Project Q to become an independent cloud-gaming alternative seems intuitive, but even by Sony's own admission, the technology isn't where it needs to be to promise a satisfying gaming experience. Sony CEO Kenichiro Yoshida recently told the Financial Times cloud gaming is still tricky.Read Entire Article
- Former intelligence official claims US has retrieved partially and fully intact craft of exotic originAccording to a former high-ranking intelligence official, the US government, its allies, and defense contractors have retrieved partially and fully intact exotic vehicles that have either landed or crashed. The craft are described as non-human in origin.Read Entire Article
Trinidad & Tobago
- “[…] Communities are diverse, and their needs and challenges can vary significantly. Addressing complex social issues such as poverty, drug abuse, mental health, or gang violence requires a holistic approach involving multiple agencies, organizations, and resources beyond the scope of traditional policing. “[…] Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of community policing programs is crucial to […]
- NYFL 23: Pro Series, QPCC hunt double honours, Defence Force see off Lendelle’s roaring Malick Blue LionsAfter another breathtaking weekend of the Republic Cup National Youth Football League (NYFL), the four grand finals have been set across the varying age groups: Under-13, Under-15, Under-17 and Under-20. There will be an all-North Zone final in the Under-15 category for fans to savour at the Republic Bank Sports Club this Saturday. Yesterday, at […]
- Daly Bread: Into the political hereafter; as Opposition Leader shows up Govt response to Privy CouncilThere is a new example of political truth being stranger than fiction. It is that it takes two very wobbly Attorneys General to make a distrusted Opposition look good. When it was not trying to pretend that the outcome of the recent case in the Privy Council (the PC) was not a defeat, although it […]
- NYFL 23: Ginga’s dose of Nantons and Vene flavour sets up U13 finale with Cox CS; Premier U17s stun QPCCPenalties, penalties, and then some more penalties. The first day of semifinal action in the 2023 Republic Cup National Youth Football League (NYFL) was filled with penalty drama yesterday, with both Under-17 semis decided by dramatic penalty shootouts—with a Naparima College cricketer, Raheem Nelson, emerging as the hero at the end of one of those […]
- In 2014, Brij V Lal, an Indo-Fijian historian, at a Fiji Day of Remembrance said: “One of my life’s ambitions has been to remember what others have forgotten or chosen to forget—to give our people a voice and a modicum of humanity, to give them a place at the table of history. “We need to […]
White Cloud Electric Scooter $219.99
- The deepest borehole ever drilled in China will give the country access to oil and gas reserves as well as offer scientists unique geological insights.
- The Angels two-way star batted second as the designated hitter and went 1-for-2 while drawing two walks.
- The bill is aimed at eliminating long-term detention in immigration facilities by making it easier to deport foreign nationals who are in Japan illegally and …
- The online petition was set up on May 26 by three former idols and has garnered more than 40,000 signatures as of Wednesday.
- TikTok faces growing pressure in the U.S. following reports that the company has stored personal information of American users on servers in China.
- On Monday morning, hundreds of white women went to the Colorado Capitol to use their privilege for good and stage a silent sit-in protesting gun violence. Their hope was to force Gov. Jared Polis to ban guns and start a gun buyback program. Unfortunately, this method just simply won’t work.Read more…
- One of the most iconic news shows in the country is getting a makeover! NBC Reporter Kristen Welker is taking over from Chuck Todd as the new host of Meet The Press. Welker will be the first Black person to ever host the show full-time, marking a watershed moment for the hard-hitting political news program.Read […]
- Amidst a lot of talk about the future of tennis and who will take over as the new face of the sport, Coco Gauff has become a standout as the athlete everyone is watching. The 19-year-old star made it to the 2022 French Open final, before she lost to world No. 1 Iga Świątek. Now, […]
- Is Tesla a factory for cars or racism? Marcus Vaughn sure believes the latter. Read more…
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta is dragging along, and it makes us think about the fierce reads and moments that used to have us on the edge of our seats. Well, some of the biggest drama queens that have ever graced our screens were let go from their Real Housewives franchises over the years. A […]
- Catastrophic Flooding Feared as Critical Ukrainian Dam Is Destroyed; Zaporizhzhia Nuke Plant at RiskEvacuation efforts are underway in southern Ukraine, where floodwaters are rising after a dam on the Dnipro River was breached overnight in the Ukrainian city of Nova Kakhovka. The breach has created an additional humanitarian disaster in an area that’s seen heavy fighting since Russia’s invasion. Ukraine’s government says floodwaters are threatening 80 towns and […]
- A growing number of politicians, including Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, are calling on the United States to drop its case against WikiLeaks founder and Australian citizen Julian Assange, who has been locked up for four years in London’s Belmarsh prison awaiting possible extradition to face espionage and hacking charges for publishing leaked documents about […]
- Cop City: Atlanta City Council OKs $67M for Facility Despite Mass Protests & Armed Raid on Bail FundResidents in Atlanta shattered the record for turnout at a city council meeting Monday, as thousands lined up to voice their opposition to the construction of a massive police training facility known as Cop City. Ultimately, the Atlanta City Council voted 11-4 to approve $30 million in additional funding for the project, bringing the total […]
- Ukraine and Russia Blame One Another as Dam Breach Forces Mass Evacuations Along Dnipro River, Torrential Rains Trigger Flooding and Landslides in Haiti, Killing at Least 42, Firefighters Battle Massive Blazes in Canada’s Nova Scotia Province, Global Carbon Dioxide Levels Surge to Highest Levels in 4 Million Years, China Accuses U.S. Military of “Provocative” Actions , […]
- Ed Bisch Fights to Hold Sacklers Accountable for Opioid Epidemic 22 Years After Son Died of OverdoseThe Sackler family, the billionaire owners of OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma, have secured immunity from all current and future civil litigation related to their role in fueling the opioid epidemic. The legal shield was granted last week by a federal appeals court in exchange for the family agreeing to pay up to $6 billion to […]
- A band of House conservatives derailed a bill that takes aim at gas stove regulation. It could be just the beginning of moves to undercut the speaker.
- The Oversight Committee plans a first move on Thursday, unless the bureau hands over a copy of a document Republicans say ties the president to explosive allegations.
- “To be nasty to people, to be arrogant, to be violent, these are not Indian values,” Rahul Gandhi said.
- Biden signed H.R. 3746, the "Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2023," two days before Monday’s default deadline, on which the U.S. would run out of cash to pay its bills.
- Last term, the two centrist senators publicly shaped nearly every piece of major legislation. They revived the act on the debt limit — but this time, they stayed behind the scenes.
- New York City goes after Hyundai, Kia after security flaw leads to wave of social media fueled theftNew York City has filed a lawsuit against Hyundai and Kia, joining a host of other cities beset by a social media fueled wave of car thefts due to a flaw that made some car models highly susceptible to theft.
- NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. stocks are drifting Wednesday and hovering near the edge of a new bull market for Wall Street.
- BONN, Germany (AP) — Environmental campaigners called Wednesday for fossil fuel producers to contribute to a new fund intended to help poor countries cope with climate disasters.
- NEW YORK (AP) — CNN ousted chief executive Chris Licht after a tumultuous year leading the struggling news network that culminated in a damning magazine profile and the growing realization that he’d lost the confidence of the network's journalists.
- LONDON (AP) — Security guards at London's Heathrow Airport, Europe's busiest, will escalate their strike action over pay into the busy summer months, the U.K.'s largest trade union said Wednesday.
- The outgoing speaker of Nigeria’s House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, says that he believes the nation's future is worth fighting for even as the ninth Nigeria National Assembly (NASS) comes to an end. The post Nigeria's future worth fighting for, says Gbajabiamila as ninth NASS ends appeared first on The Guardian Nigeria News – Nigeria […]
- The final matches of the 2023 Federation Cup Competition in both the male and female categories will take place at the Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba on June 15. The post Federation Cup final to hold June 15 in Asaba appeared first on The Guardian Nigeria News – Nigeria and World News.
- Governor Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa has approved the appointment of Alhaji Awwal Tukur as the Secretary to the State Government (SSG). The post Adamawa: Governor Fintiri appoints SSG, Head of Service appeared first on The Guardian Nigeria News – Nigeria and World News.
- Looking for some heart-fluttering moments and a healthy dose of laughter this summer? Look no further than the world of Korean dramas, where romantic comedies reign supreme. These delightful shows effortlessly blend romance, humour, and captivating storylines, making them the perfect choice for a summer binge-watch. In this article, we present a selection of the […]
- Qatari banker Sheikh Jassim Bin Hamad Al Thani has submitted an improved fifth and final bid for Manchester United and wants an answer by Friday, according to reports. The post Sheikh Jassim makes final bid to buy Manchester United: reports appeared first on The Guardian Nigeria News – Nigeria and World News.
EV – News
- Leadership change at LiveWire, the electric motorbike brand of Harley-Davidson: Karim Donnez is appointed as the new CEO with effect from 12 June 2023 and replaces Jochen Zeitz in this function, who will, however, remain Chairman of the LiveWire Group. Donnez joins LiveWire from Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP). Previously, he worked for Rio Tinto and […]
- The energy company Shell has been banned from running certain advertisements in the UK. In the campaign, Shell advertises its efforts to provide renewable energy and expand charging infrastructure for electric vehicles. According to the UK’s Advertising Standards Authority (ASA), the ads are misleading about Shell’s overall environmental impact. It said the adverts did not […]
- AVL presents the new AVL Battery Cell TS ACORA system. This is intended to examine the behaviour of battery cells under different climatic conditions and operating states. The system is suitable for both prismatic and pouch cells. The AVL Battery Cell TS ACORA system works with direct cooling. ACORA stands for “Active Cooling Rack”. This […]
- The Dutch retail chain Albert Heijn is now also using exclusively electric vehicles in the centre of Rotterdam to deliver groceries to homes and to supply its shops. Last year, this step was already taken in The Hague. Albert Heijn’s electric trucks used in the Rotterdam region depart from the distribution centre in Pijnacker, where […]
- Volvo just launched its first entry-level electric car, and the Chinese-owned car maker surprises with a price that sets a benchmark for customers and competitors alike. The Volvo EX30 was highly anticipated and revealed in full (small) size today, with the UK being the first online launch market. As Volvo CEO Jim Rowan confirmed to […]
- Former Biden advisor's car crash raises questions after revelation from police report: 'Disoriented'A police report on a former Biden advisor's car accident reveal no tests for intoxication were conducted, despite the driver appearing "disoriented" and slurring his speech
- The Air Pollution Control Board is planning to vote on whether to withdraw Virginia from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, a plan led by GOP Gov. Glenn Youngkin.
- 9/11 Families United chair says PGA Tour’s Jay Monahan used 'our pain and our suffering to malign LIV Golf'Chair of the 9/11 Families United accused PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan of using their “pain" to “malign LIV Golf" on Wednesday following news of the landmark merger between the two entities.
- After Wisconsin’s GOP-controlled Assembly passed a measure protecting access to gas-powered vehicles, the state Senate plans to give the bill final approval Wednesday.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger calls Sylvester Stallone his ‘enemy’ during '80s Hollywood rivalry: We 'were at war'Hollywood actor Arnold Schwarzenegger, 75, reflected on competing against Sylvester Stallone, 76, for the top spot in the industry during the 1980s.
- Former Fox News reporter Catherine Herridge, pictured here interviewing Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller, has challenged a subpoena demanding she disclose a confidential source. DoD photo by Lisa Ferdinando, CC BY 2.0. Another week, yet another story highlighting the need for Congress to pass the PRESS Act and protect journalists and their confidential sources. This […]
- Laura Poitras / Praxis Films, CC BY 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons Today marks the 10th anniversary of whistleblower and longtime Freedom of the Press Foundation (FPF) board member Edward Snowden’s stunning revelations of mass surveillance by the National Security Agency.Over the course of several weeks starting June 5, 2013, Snowden, through a series of stories […]
- Freedom of the Press Foundation (FPF) is thrilled to welcome award-winning journalist Azmat Khan as the newest member of its board of directors.Khan is an investigative reporter with The New York Times Magazine, and the Patti Cadby Birch Assistant Professor at Columbia Journalism School, where she directs the Simon and June Li Center for Global […]
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch is the latest newspaper to be hit with an unconstitutional "prior restraint" prohibiting it from publishing information the government accidentally made public. Trevis Rothwell, via Flickr A St. Louis judge issued an unconstitutional “prior restraint” last week, prohibiting the St. Louis Post-Dispatch from reporting on a mental health evaluation of a […]
- A school board member's Facebook post about an LGBTQ book display at a Pennsylvania high school library similar to the one pictured here led to a public records case that could make it harder to access public official’s social media posts. AntoniaGreen, via Wikimedia Commons, CC BY-SA 4.0 If a public official or employee in […]
- Shengal Autonomous Council Vice Co-Chair Hisen Sado said that the invading Turkish state attacked the people of Shengal as part of its plans aiming at the evacuation of the Yazidi town.
- The remains of HPG guerrilla Deniz Hêlîn, who fell as a martyr in the airstrike carried out on 12 March in Mardin, were eventually taken by his family.
- 59 families who were displaced after the ISIS attack on Shengal in 2014 and had been living in a camp since, have returned home.
- The traditional Zilan Women's Festival will take place in Gelsenkirchen on Saturday 17 June with the slogan "From Kurdistan to the world: Jin Jiyan Azadî!". The event is dedicated to the Kurdish revolutionary Evîn Goyî, who was murdered in Paris.
- Eight people were taken into custody following house raids in the center and districts of Bitlis.
$349.99 Super Jet Electric Scooter
- With the latest hike bringing Canada's key interest rates to levels not seen since 2001, one mortgage broker is warning that it may be 'the last straw' for some homeowners with variable mortgages.
- Indigo founder Heather Reisman announced she is retiring as almost half of the book retailer's board of directors steps down.
- With social media ever-present in modern life, figuring out when and how to introduce it to children is something every parent will have to deal with eventually. CTV's Your Morning spoke to a child-life specialist about how parents can have that conversation and be positive role models too.
- The start to wildfire season is adding pressure to fire crews who for some have been working the last month straight to protect communities in Canada.
- Being a 'sleep procrastinator' might not only make you grumpy the next day, it can put your health at risk. A sleep expert shares tips for making sure bedtime is shut-eye time.
- Brazilian nurses make more money working in Germany, but are afforded less responsibility and recognition than at home. Three women spoke with DW about their experiences.
- After an impromptu walk and a long dinner with French President Emmanuel Macron in Potsdam, Chancellor Olaf Scholz swore by the Franco-German friendship.
- The 1st National Women's Convention for Peace in Cameroon has won the German Africa Prize for advocating negotiations to end the Anglophone crisis. In an exclusive interview, the women spoke with DW about their efforts.
- Prosecutors in Germany have brought charges against Björn Höcke, head of the far-right AfD party in the state of Thuringia. Domestic intelligence services have labeled the state chapter a right-wing extremist group.
- The fire broke out at the Königsberg peak in northern Germany on Sunday. Meanwhile, another wildfire that broke out in the eastern state of Brandenburg on Wednesday is still expanding.
- World number one Carlos Alcaraz survived a third set wobble to cruise past fifth seed Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greece 6-2 6-1 7-6(5) on Tuesday (June 6) and earn a spot in the French Open last four.
- Leon Gautier, the last surviving member of the French commandos who stormed the Normandy beaches defended by Hitler's troops in 1944, on Tuesday joined President Emmanuel Macron at a seafront ceremony marking the 79th anniversary of the D-Day landings.
- Belarusian Aryna Sabalenka, the world tennis number two, said on Tuesday she did not want her country to be in any conflict and did not support the war in Ukraine.
- Elina Svitolina’s fairy-tale run at Roland Garros, her first Grand Slam tournament since becoming a mother, has inspired and enthralled a French Open crowd stripped of home players. With war still raging in her home country, she hopes her feats on the Paris clay can bring a little joy to Ukrainians, too.
- France's left-wing forces and labour unions will stage another day of strikes on Tuesday to try to derail President Emmanuel Macron's pensions overhaul, insisting that the fight to thwart the changes is not over even after it became law.
- The 57th edition of the 'Tekirdağ Cherry Festival' comprising a wide array of activities from music concerts, cherry-related competitions, thrilling aerial demonstrations of the Tu…
- A special hospital focusing on the treatment of rare diseases and application of medical procedures such as cell and gene therapy will be established in Istanbul alongside a gene-d…
- Two pilots, who were onboard a private training plane, have been rescued and transported to the hospital after their plane crashed in an area close to Türkiye's city of Aksara…
- Extensive research conducted by a team of researchers, involving diving in the Sea of Marmara and conducting field and laboratory studies, has revealed the alarming spread of an in…
- At least six dolphins were found dead on the beaches of Aydın's Kuşadası district in western Türkiye over the last week, according to local media reports on Wednesday. Accord…
- An Achilles injury sustained by Kevin Ferrer in the first half marred Terrafirma's 104-92 victory over TNT in the PBA On Tour on Wednesday at Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig City. Ferrer had to be wheeled out of the venue on a stretcher after getting hurt with 16 seconds left in the second quarter of […]
- Dapitan Mayor Bullet Jalosjos, who serves as finance officer of TAPE Inc., on Wednesday, belied allegations made by former Senator Tito Sotto III that some program changes thatowner Romeo "Romy" Jalosjos Sr. wanted to implement were fueled by political agenda. Sotto alleged during an interview with DWIZ last June 3 that Jalosjos was eyeing a […]
- MANILA, Philippines–Cavite Representative Elpidio Barzaga Jr. praised Speaker Martin Romualdez for maintaining focus on his responsibilities as House of Representatives leader, despite being the target of Vice President Sara Duterte's attacks, saying Romualdez has taken the "moral high road." Barzaga said that Romualdez refrained from making any negative comments about Duterte, despite being the target […]
- DUMAGUETE CITY — Tanjay City in Negros Oriental welcomes its first business process outsourcing (BPO) company which was set to generate jobs for local young professionals. WrkPod Campus, the first big BPO company in the northern part of Negros Oriental, is ran and owned by the award-winning published Australian entrepreneurs Dale Beaumont and Kody Thompson. […]
- TACLOBAN CITY — The regional offices of the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) in Eastern Visayas have entered into an agreement on Wednesday (June 7) to establish a checkpoint at the San Juanico Bridge to ensure that no illegally caught fishes and other marine resources could enter […]
- [Capital FM] Nairobi — President William Ruto says bold decisions must be made for Kenya to move forward as he defended his proposed taxes as contained in the controversial Finance Bill for debate in Parliament.
- [Capital FM] Nairobi — President William Ruto did not waste the opportunity to pitch for the 3 percent Housing Fund levy at National Prayer Breakfast, saying those opposed to it are selfish.
- [Vanguard] ·Retains 2.8% forecast for GDP growth in 2023
- [New Era] Finance and Public Enterprises Minister Iipumbu Shiimi yesterday shocked the national power utility company NamPower, ordering the company not to proceed with the planned power suspensions for indebted local councils that started on Monday.
- [Namibian] Nanpower's managing director, Simson Haulofu, yesterday defended the company's suspension of electricity supply to defaulting customers on Monday evening.
- Sofia Sapega, who was detained alongside Belarusian dissident journalist Roman Protasevich, had been serving a six-year prison sentence.
- “When they were landing, they felt the plane hitting a hole [in the runway] — that was their first impression of Magadan,” the region's governor said.
- The democratic youth movement Vesna said Russian authorities were "seeking revenge" against them because of their opposition to the war.
- Since Moscow invaded neighboring Ukraine, the authorities have sought various ways to encourage Russians to sign up to fight in the war.
- The Tolyatti-Odesa pipeline, which is the world's longest ammonia pipeline, stopped operating following the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- Dressed as lawyers, assailants kill Mukhtar Ansari's dreaded shooter 'Jeeva' inside Lucknow court
- Six labourers killed by goods train in Odisha's Jajpur, 2 injured
- Rahul, Mamata and Kejriwal among top leaders to attend mega opposition meet in Patna, says Tejashwi YadavRahul, Mamata and Kejriwal among top leaders to attend mega opposition meet in Patna, says Tejashwi Yadav
- G20 summit venue in Delhi to not have helipad on its roof
- Services Row: Samajwadi Party announces support to AAP over Central ordinance
$219.99 Red Jet Electric Scooter
- The prime minister says "subsidy races" are not a solution to hitting climate goals, as he visits Washington.
- Louis De Zoysa "pulled the trigger on purpose" when he shot Sgt Matiu Ratana, 54, his trial hears.
- Lloyds is looking to recover debts owed by the network of companies controlled by the Barclay family.
- Beth Winter calls the party's selection process to be the election candidate for a new seat "unjust".
- They say personal details of 100,000 staff at the BBC, British Airways and Boots will be published if employers do not get in touch.
- Apple recently unveiled its Vision Pro headset at the Worldwide Developers Conference in California. With it, Apple is venturing into a market of head-mounted devices (HMDs) – which are usually just displays, but in this case is more of a complete computer attached to your head – as well as the worlds of virtual reality […]
- A legal foundation for AUKUS is the freedom of navigation. This raises some fundamental issues under the international law of the sea which have mostly been sidestepped in AUKUS debates. For example, where will Australia’s nuclear-powered AUKUS submarines be able to sail? Will there be limitations on their navigation? What does the international law of […]
- International investors are likely to increase their exposure to Japanese equities or, indeed, consider including them in their portfolios for the first time this year and beyond. The reason is that the world’s third-largest economy is experiencing inflation that reached a four-decade high in February and continues to run hot. Sharp price gains are rarely […]
- The launch of a new RISC-V software association makes open-standard integrated circuit design and open-source software even more of a challenge for the US government’s efforts to stop the development of Chinese high-tech and bend Europe to its geopolitical will. On May 31, Linux Foundation Europe announced the RISC-V Software Ecosystem (RISE), which it described […]
- For weeks, US President Joe Biden publicly demanded that the issue of raising the debt ceiling was a done deal and not negotiable. As the prospects of national default loomed, the Biden White House quietly began negotiations with Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, and arrived at a compromise in the nick of time so as […]
- In the final instalment of this two-part series, Euronews investigates how children in Ukraine have had their lives upended by Russia's invasion. How are NGOs Save the Children and UNICEF tackling challenges posed by internal displacement and disruptions to education?
- In the first instalment of this two-part series, Euronews examines NGO Save Ukraine's efforts to locate and retrieve Ukrainian minors forcibly deported to Russia while the war rages on.
- According to the Institute for the Study of War, although it cannot be certain, the available evidence, reasoning, and rhetoric suggest that Russian forces deliberately damaged the Kakhovka dam.
- Catch up with the most important stories from around Europe and beyond – latest news, breaking news, World, Business, Entertainment, Politics, Culture, Travel.
- The people of Africa have been on the receiving end of centuries of exploitation by people from the rest of the world, but perhaps the greatest and most lasting impact will be indirect: climate change, Ivor Ichikowitz writes.
- Bank of China report says more than 90 per cent of domestic and foreign firms believe ‘strongly’ using the yuan could steady trade within the Asia-Pacific region as Beijing presses on to increase global use for the currency.
- One Chinese analyst said the PLA had ‘no choice’ but to act after a close encounter between two warships that the US attacked as ‘unsafe and unprofessional’
- Construction work at Hong Kong public housing estate stops as emergency exit at MTR station sinks by 20mmPassengers assured rail operations safe and unaffected but measures will be put in place to ease problem.
- Fraser expressed ‘full confidence in China’s economic and financial development’ and pledged to expand business in the country, the National Administration of Financial Regulation said.
- The result of Joe Biden and Democrats negotiating with Republicans is an appalling act of political surrender and an abandonment of progressive principles. Worse, bargaining away their leverage over a divided opposition did nothing to prevent a similar crisis in the future.